Stephen Hui has been hiking, backpacking, and scrambling in British Columbia’s Coast Mountains for more than 25 years.
Hui is the author of 105 Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia, a #1 B.C. bestseller, and Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia (coming May 2021). His outdoor writing and photography have appeared in the Georgia Straight, where he was the web editor and technology editor, as well as in the Toronto Sun, Le Journal de Montréal, Where Vancouver, and Mount Baker Experience.
Born and based in Vancouver, B.C. — in the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations — Hui works for an environmental organization and serves as the vice-president of the Wanderung Outdoor Recreation Society. Visit 105hikes.com.
Read my books
- 5 Spectacular Hikes North of Vancouver 温哥华北部 5 条最美徒步路线 (Boulevard, 2018)
- Four options for hiking in the Tri-Cities (Tri-City News, 2018)
- Get on the beaten path (Burnaby Now, 2017)
- Pacific Crest Trail inspires long-distance hikes in B.C. (Georgia Straight, 2015)
- Sea to Sky Gondola to split Stawamus Chief Provincial Park in Squamish (Georgia Straight, 2012)
- Take a Hike, Kids (Where Vancouver, 2018)
- Three hikes in the Canadian North Cascades (Mount Baker Experience, 2019)
- Top 5 Hikes on British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast (Explore, 2018)