Stephen Hui (he/him) has been hiking, backpacking, and scrambling in British Columbia’s Coast Mountains for 30 years.
Hui is the author of Best Hikes and Nature Walks With Kids In and Around Southwestern British Columbia (Greystone Books), a new guide to 55 hiking trails. His first two books, 105 Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia and Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia, were #1 B.C. bestsellers.
In 2022, Hui was named a Fellow of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society. He serves as a director of Nature Vancouver and a Canadian alternate commissioner on the Skagit Environmental Endowment Commission. Hui lives in Vancouver, B.C. — in the territories of the Musqueam (xʷməθkwəy̓əm), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh), and Tsleil-Waututh (səlilwətaɬ) First Nations. Visit 105hikes.com.
The author supports hiking trail building and maintenance, Indigenous cultural and language revitalization, and nature preservation and restoration through the Stephen Hui Trail Fund at MakeWay Foundation.
Read my books
- 3 Fun Hikes for Kids in Mission (What’s On! Mission, 2022)
- 5 Spectacular Hikes North of Vancouver 温哥华北部 5 条最美徒步路线 (Boulevard, 2018)
- Four options for hiking in the Tri-Cities (Tri-City News, 2018)
- Get on the beaten path (Burnaby Now, 2017)
- Pacific Crest Trail inspires long-distance hikes in B.C. (Georgia Straight, 2015)
- Sea to Sky Gondola to split Stawamus Chief Provincial Park in Squamish (Georgia Straight, 2012)
- Take a Hike, Kids (Where Vancouver, 2018)
- Three hikes in the Canadian North Cascades (Mount Baker Experience, 2019)
- Top 5 Hikes on British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast (Explore, 2018)